Yoghurt cake is a real classic recipe which makes a unique texture and flavour. We recommend using a savarin mould to bake your cake like Nigella did on her Nigellissima TV show.
- 3 eggs
- 1 pot of natural yoghurt (150g)
- 2 yoghurt pots of caster sugar (300g)
- 1 yoghurt pot of vegetable oil
- 1 yoghurt pot of cornflour
- 1 yoghurt pot of plain flour
- Half zest of a lemon, grated
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar to finish.
- Start by separating your eggs. Place the whites into a mixing bowl and whisk until fluffy before setting to one side.
- In another mixing bowl add the 3 egg yolks and the plain yoghurt, taking care to empty the yoghurt pot as much as possible.
- Measure two yoghurt pots of caster sugar into the mixture of eggs and yoghurt and whisk thoroughly ensure to mix in as much air as possible, an electric whisk is recommended.
- While whisking your mixture, pour in a yoghurt pot of vegetable oil and one yoghurt pot of cornflour.
- Once the oil and cornflour have been mixed in, add the grated zest of half a lemon and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and mix everything together.
- Now gently fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Pour your yoghurt cake batter into your chosen cake tin - we like the Savarin mould that Nigella used in her recipe, and place into a preheated oven at approximately 180C for 30-35 minutes.
- After baking turn out of the cake tin and sprinkle with icing sugar.