- 5 medium red chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 125ml red wine vinegar
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 375 grams of caster sugar
- A thumb of fresh ginger
- 4 red peppers
- Start by placing the chillies, peppers, ginger and garlic into a food processor. Spin up the ingredients until everything is nice a fine and evenly chopped.
- Now tip all of the ingredients into a pan and adding the sugar, vinegar and tomatoes, before bringing everything to the boil.
- Once the jam has reached a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer and leave for 50 – 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. While the chilli jam is simmering, you may find a thick film gathers on the surface, just take this off with a spoon or a ladle.
- After around 35-40 minutes you should see the chilli jam start to thicken. At this point it’s important to keep the ingredients moving so they don’t burn on the bottom of the pan. After another 15-20 minutes you should have a thick, smooth and rich chilli jam.
- You can now leave your jam to cool before decanting to jars for storage or to give as presents.