- 500 grams ripe tomatoes
- 40ml fish sauce
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger
- Start this delicious tangy chilli jam by whizzing the chillies, ginger, garlic, half the tomatoes and the fish sauce up in your food processor or blender to make a nice smooth paste.
- Dice the other half of the tomatoes and set to one side. These diced tomatoes will give the chilli jam a nice texture, and will add to the tangyness.
- Now you can tip your blitzed up ingredients into a large pan and bring to a boil, stirring slowly to stop it catching on the bottom and burning.
- When your jam comes to a boil, reduce it to a simmer, add the tomatoes you diced earlier, and leave to simmer for 35-45 minutes removing any scum from the top of the chilli jam with a spoon as required.
- Once your jam has simmered and thickened for a good 35-40 minutes, you can take it off the heat and leave to cool.
- After about 20 minutes, decant your chilli jam with tomatoes into jars for serving of to give away as gifts.