This is a great peppermint cream recipe that doesn't rely on egg whites, using condensed milk instead.
- 320grams icing sugar
- 130grams condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 200grams dark chocolate
We found that the strength of peppermint extract can vary quite a lot, and so suggest using our quantity as a rough guide, and that you should add drops a few at a time until you reach your desired mintiness.
- To start this great and simple recipe, add the icing sugar, condensed milk and peppermint extract to a pyrex mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you can form a icing sugar dough ball.
- Place the dough onto a floured work surface and roll it out until the dough is between 3 and 5mm thick.
- Cut out your shapes using whichever tool you prefer, we found that a spirit measure give us a great size.
- Place your peppermint cream shapes onto a parchment lined surface and leave in the fridge for at least ah hour to set.
Add chocolate for something really special
To go that extra mile why not try dipping your peppermint creams in dark chocolate?
Simply melt 200g of dark chocolate in a pyrex bowl over a simmering pan of water. Take your peppermint creams out of the fridge and dip them in the chocolate half way. You can either coat just half of them, or allow the first half to set in the fridge before coating the other half to cover them completely.