Preparation time for this recipe is just minutes and cooking is with one roasting tin. Once it goes into the oven, you can forget about it until cooked. Just wait for the gorgeous aromas...
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 2 Onions
- 3 peppers
- 1 leek
- Half pack cherry tomatoes (approx 200g)
- Half a pack chestnut mushrooms (approx 175g)
- Half a lemon
- A bunch of fresh rosemary
- Half a jar (approx 180g) pitted black olives
- Large glug olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
Here’s a really simple recipe that can be cooked in one roasting tin. Inspired by Nigella’s Italian roast chicken, we have added a few little extras that will make this simple, tasty dish overload your taste buds with sweet, tangy tomatoes, salty black olives and earthy chestnut mushrooms.
We recommend serving this with couscous lightly flavoured with garlic.
- Start by chopping your leeks, pepper and onions into large chunks and place them into a large roasting tin. Place a small cut in each of your cherry tomatoes before adding them, this will allow the juices to flow.
- Chop your mushrooms into quarters and place to one side.
- Prepare your chicken for roasting by remove any string and stuffing with half a lemon and a good bunch of rosemary. Place your chicken on top of your chopped vegetables in the roasting tin.
- Scatter your black olives and mushrooms around the tin. Add a little salt and pepper, a good glug of olive oil over everything and finally a splash of balsamic vinegar over the exposed vegetables.
- Roast your Italian chicken as per the instructions on the packaging. The chopped vegetable will be fine cooking away in the bottom of the roasting tin, and will reduce and sweeten beautifully.