The only mayonnaise recipe you need! Use our homemade mayonnaise recipe as a base and add all sorts of flavours to it like chopped chilli, garlic or lemon, or just enjoy it plain with some chips.
- 560ml vegetable or ground nut oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons English or Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- Start this home made mayonnaise recipe by separating your eggs. Place the yolks in a large mixing bowl or your food processor, and either dispose of the whites or better, use them in another recipe.
- Now add mustard and white wine vinegar to the yolks and whisk. Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together, add a small drop of your chosen oil and whisk to start the emulsifying process which makes the mayonnaise.
- When the first drop of the oil has blended in, add another drop of oil and whisk once more. Repeat this process until your mayonnaise thickens.
- You should stop adding oil when your mayonnaise has reached the desired consistency, as quantities in a mayonnaise recipe can not be exact.
Home made mayonnaise uses fresh eggs so keep it in the fridge and use within 24 hours.