Gelato cake is a great recipe if you want to impress friends and family, but don’t have the time to spend making a more elaborate dessert.
- 50g Ginger nut biscuits
- 50ml whiskey
- A thumb of fresh ginger
- 300ml double cream
You can add all sorts of flavours to your Gelato cake like meringue and raspberries, but we really love this recipe which uses ginger biscuits and whiskey to make something aimed more towards the adults.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk your cream until it thickens, but stop before it starts to harden.
- Pour in 50ml of whiskey and mix thoroughly with the cream.
- Bash up your ginger nut biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin. You want to get some small chunks and some dust, so a good mixture of all sizes and textures.
- Finely chop a thumb of fresh ginger.
- Tip in your crushed ginger nut biscuits and sprinkle over your chopped fresh ginger before mixing together once again.
- Add your ingredients to a loaf tin and press everything into the corners.
- Place in the freezer and leave for 24 hours.
Turn out and slice to serve.