This is perfect if your attempts at this seemingly easy recipe have been dissapointing, this recipe will transform how you cook egg fried rice forever!
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 300g rice
- Salt to taste
- 3 spring onions
- Add around 150 grams of your chosen chopped vegetables if you wish.
- To start your egg fried rice, boil your rice and allow it to cool. A handy hint for perfectly cooked rice is to bring the level of water to 1cm above the level of the rice. Place a lid on the pan, and simmer (don’t’ touch it though) until the water has just disappeared below the level of the rice, that’s it you now have perfect rice!
- Once your rice has cooked and been allowed to cool (this is really important as it’s the cooling that stops the rice from going soggy), add some vegetable oil to a wok and bring it up to a really high heat.
- Just as the pan starts to smoke, add the rice and fry, turning occasionally for 3-4 minutes, it’s ready for the next step when some of the rice has started to brown.
- At this point you should add chopped vegetables of your choice and stir fry with the rice for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now beat two eggs in a bowl with the sesame oil and add to the frying rice. Keep moving the rice until the egg has mixed in and coated the rice, now throw in your spring onions and mix them into the rice before serving.