- 8 Fresh red chillies
- 10 red peppers
- 300ml red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 700grams caster sugar
- Start your red wine chilli jam by whizzing up your peppers, chillies and garlic in food processor or blender, or if you don’t have one, just chopped really finely.
- add the chopped ingredients to a pan along with the sugar and red wine vinegar, and slowly bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the jam up to a boil for 1 – 2 minutes before taking it back to a simmer, and leave it for 40-50 minutes.
- Make sure you check the jam regularly, and stir now and then to stop it burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the jam until it becomes nice and thick, and then allow it to cool slightly before ladling into jars.