- 400grams cherry tomatoes
- 10 red peppers
- 10 fresh red chillies
- 5 garlic cloves
- Large thumb of fresh ginger
- 750grams sugar
- 125ml cider vinegar
- To create this great chilli jam with a fresh ginger punch, start by finely chopping or blitzing your ginger, chillies, peppers and garlic.
- Once you have a nice fine mixture of ingredients, put a pan on to a medium heat and add the sugar and vinegar. As the vinegar heats up stir until the sugar dissolves, but don’t bring to a boil at this point.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, chuck in the chillies, ginger, peppers and garlic and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and leave until the jam thickens – around 30 minutes.
- Once the jam has thickened, pour it into your jars, seal them up and leave to cool.