There's something about adding lemon curd to this recipe that makes it so much better than a standard blueberry muffin, the lemon flavour provides an amazing zingy edge to a traditional recipe.
- 100g butter
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Start by preheating your oven to 200C and add your paper cases to your muffin tin.
- Gently melt your butter in a pan and set to one side
- Now beat your eggs until they are fully mixed and whisk in the milk and butter.
- In a large mixing bowl add your flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar, and mix together.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients by adding one to the other and stirring with a large spoon or spatula. Take care to mix gently and not too much.
- Add equal quantities of muffin batter to each of your muffin cases, and spoon on a teaspoon of lemon curd. Sprinkle a small amount of sugar over the top of each muffin.