This is a really easy to make chilli jam to get you started before moving on to our Asian chilli jam recipe which is proving to be really popular.
- 200 grams fresh red chillies
- 600ml cider vinegar
- 200 grams red peppers, deseeded
- 1 kilogram jam sugar
Our chilli jam recipe packs loads of punch and goes really well with all sorts of food including cold meats and cheeses. Dissolve the jam in your cooking to add a little chilli heat to your favourite dishes.
- Start this great basic chilli jam recipe by bringing the cider vinegar up to heat before tipping in your jam sugar.
- While the sugar is dissolving in the vinegar you can chop your chillies and peppers into rough chunks, and put them in a food processor for a good blitzing. leave them in the processor until they are nice a finely chopped.
- Once your chillies and peppers are finely chopped, and your sugar has dissolved, tip the chillies and peppers into the pan with the sugar and vinegar, and bring to a strong boil and leave it for a good 10 minutes.
- After a really good boiling you can take the pan off the heat and leave to cool. You should start to the see the jam thicken as it cools.
- Before the allowing the jam to set completely (don’t leave longer than 35-40 minutes), you can start to decant it into your jars making sure that the chillies and peppers are evenly dispersed throughout the jam.