Our basic butternut squash recipe can be enjoyed as is, or you could use it as a basis for something a little more special, just make sure you add a good chunk of crusty bread!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- Splash olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop one onion and place it into a large pan with a good glug of olive oil. Leave to sweat down, moving occasionaly, for around 8 minutes or until the edges of the onion have just started to turn a crisp bown colour.
- Peel your butternut squash and potato and chop into even sized chunks.
- When the onions are ready, chuck in your squash and potato along with 800ml of chicken stock and a good pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Simmer the ingredients for 15-20 minutes or until the potato and squash or cooked through.
- Once all of the ingredients are cooked, take them off the heat, and a large knob of butter, and liquidise.