Our chocolate cheesecake recipe is great to use as a basis for other flavours, just leave out the chocolate and add something else for quick tasty results.
Chocolate cheesecake base
- To make the cheesecake base, start by finely grinding up a whole packet of digestive biscuits and add them to a large mixing bowl along with 100 grams of melted butter.
- Push the biscuit crumbs and butter together until they are mixed together, and tip them into a 21cm spring form cake tin, pressing it down to the edges to form the base.
- Be sure to get a nice firm and even base.
Chocolate cheesecake topping
- To make the cheesecake topping, mix the Philadelphia and 100 grams of icing sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt 300 grams of dark chocolate in a Pyrex bowl over simmering water.
- Add the chocolate a bit at a time, to the bowl of Philadelphia and icing sugar, mixing in between.
- Once all the cream cheese and chocolate are thoroughly mixed together, use a spatula to spread the mixture to the edge of your cake tin, and form a nice level surface.
- Place the chocolate cheesecake in the fridge to set for at least couple of hours before serving.